I am so excited that December 21st is here! Some are patiently awaiting December 25th, but today was the day I have been looking forward to. Yesterday was the last day of school in the year 2011. It has been a very interesting and fun year in 1st grade. We read the Gingerbread Baby and made paper gingerbread men. Then I lost my mind and had them make gingerbread houses. We used graham crackers, white icing, lots of chocolate chips, M&Ms, licorice, dots, and peppermints. The kids did a great job and the houses were super cute. Jeremy came to bring the kids ice cream sandwiches and enjoyed getting to know a few of the characters that he hears so much about. It was a fun, but long sugar filled day. When that bell rang I got those kiddos to the bus and hightailed it out of the building. Many teachers stayed to finish up lesson plans and prepare for the week we return, but I just couldn't do it. I was exhausted and a little swollen around the ankles. So today I did the unthinkable and went to school on the first day of vacation. The horror! I had a pretty big mess to clean up, lessons plans to complete, and some other tasks to take care of. I was able to work without being distracted and it only took two hours. Then, at last, Christmas Break was ready to begin. After running a few last minute errands I made it home to relax on the couch. I made the most of my day by propping my feet up, wrappng some presents, and doing nothing.
The break will be busy. We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and Christmas with Jeremy's mom and stepdad. Then we will fly to Arkansas on Friday. I'm looking forward to spending the week with my family and friends. After we get back we will spend some time getting ready for Poppyseed. Lots to do, but it will all get done (hopefully). This break is going to go fast because it always does. But I plan on making the most of it by spending with the special people in my life and enjoying almost 2 weeks of no schoolwork. Merry Christmas ya'll!!
No comments:
Post a Comment